Thursday, October 16, 2008

California Dreamin'

Greetings from San Diego! The weather has been totally awesome. I went to the San Diego Zoo on Wednesday. I took tons of pictures. The Internet here is kind of slow so each of the pictures I loaded for this post took forever! So I just a few up from the zoo. I won't bore you with my flower and cactus pictures from Balboa Park.

Finally I'm on the gorilla's back.

Zebras for chess?
Panda-monium?

"I can get that fish! No problem."

Surfin' anyone?

Today I'm going to check out the USS Midway, and then head up to San Francisco, via Los Angeles. I'm hoping I can get on the earlier flight out of LAX, otherwise I will have a long time to post more pictures, and perhaps get around to "Wacky Wednesday Deferred", AKA "Thursday Thud".

PS. I was well behaved, and didn't ditch my niece to go to the San Diego chess club that meets on Wednesday nights!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you call yourself a chessplayer? Behaving and not even visiting the local chessclub, gosh!

I guess now chess for Zebra's will have no secrets anymore. :-)

Polly said...

I figure I didn't want to infect their club with my lousy playing. It will just make me hungrier for a win the next time I play. LOL @ zebras

Anonymous said...

Actually, I prefer plants to animals if you want to post some of those.

likesforests said...

And I thought I had a busy week! But while I was away on business you played Atomic Patzer in TX and now you're in CA. Crazy. I hope one day to have a sizable travel budget of my own. Maybe if the right president wins. :)

Polly said...

Like: I played AT in New Jersey. I just wrote the post in at the airport in Dallas between flights. That's what happens when you have 2.5 hours between flights.

Polly said...

LEP: I'll put up some flower pics for you when I get on faster connection with my own computer. I'm surfing on my roomie's computer at the moment.

Blue Devil Knight said...

Sounds fun. The SD zoo is amazing: I lived about 10 minutes from there and had a student pass for the year. Never played chess in San Diego though. The boredom that hit upon leaving San Diego opened me up to chess. :)

Polly said...

BDK: I guess it's good for us that you left San Diego and took up chess. However it still begs the question....Why would anyone leave San Diego once they lived there?