Friday, August 31, 2007

Need Help!! Trying to Blog Games

I went to Chess Publisher, copied my pgn file, generated the diagram, copied the html, and tried to stick it my post. I got this error:

Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tags cannot enclose tags.
I can't even include the rest of the error message because I get another error message saying Your HTML cannot be accepted: Closing tag has no matching opening tag:

What does this mean, and how can I get around it? I am totally clueless when it comes to this stuff? I don't know how to play this form of tag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to say with that little information. But I may be able to help you. Go to my website and use the contact form (contact) and cut&paste exactly the code you had trouble with in the form. I will get back to you.

Sorry for being so complicated, I just don't like to publish my email address in the open to avoid spam.

Rook Van Winkle said...

Polly:

It's very easy to get a tag error (a stray duplicate or a mis-placed one).

Hopefully Sciurus can help. I 'd also be happy to look at it if you e-mail the copied and pasted code to rookvanwinkle[at]hotmail[dot]com - you'll need to translate that into a working e-mail address.

Visit Rook Van Winkle's Chess Blog - A chess blog of general interest for beginning and novice chess players on the benefits of playing and enjoying the game of chess, with a special focus on middle-aged (and older) players.

Steve in TN said...

Polly, I had that happen to me once. I just re entered the pgn and generated another diagram which worked. Once in a while the CP thing will do something wrong.