Saturday, February 16, 2008

USATE Rd. 1: Disassembled by Reassembler 4 - 0 :-(

Greetings from Parsippany! So in my Wacky Wednesday post from two weeks ago Blunderprone left me a comment keep an eye for Reassembler and Globular at the tournament. So what were the odds that my team would get paired against their team? I guess pretty good because that's what happened. It was ugly. We were out rated on the top 3 boards by 300 - 400 points each. Fourth board was only 100 points, but the the result was the same. I was the first one done. It got kind of ugly at the end. Here's the game in all it's splendid ugliness.



I forgot my SD card and reader, so I had to actually input the moves into Chess Base by hand. Damn I get spoiled rotten. I guess if I was going to forget something, that was the least of my worries. I remembered my set, board, clock, reading glasses, iPod, chocolate and Mon Roi. What else do I really need?

4 comments:

transformation said...

My oh my!

.
..
...

* we are
* * all ears
* * * warmly, dk

Anonymous said...

A couple of comments:

1. Much of the time I spent in the opening was used to compare the differences between the move I played and the always-tempting d5. Given how many different times I considered d5, it is surprising that I never got around to playing it.

2. I rejected 23...Nxh4 because I thought you might be holding on after 24. Nxg4. I didn't even consider 24. Bxb7.

I enjoyed meeting you and wish you the best of luck in the rest of the tournament.

Greg

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you Polly! We ended up at 4-2 after some dissapointments.

It was funny when we sat across from you guys for round 1; I saw your name on your clock looked at Derek, pointed at it, and he said, "I think so!" That's when I introduced us.

As usual I had an awesome time there.

-Matt

Pat said...

Polly,
Years ago I developed presbyopia. My problem was that I always was forgetting my reading glasses. At work and at home, I have several pairs of reading glasses everywhere, but when I go out, I forget or don't want to carry them. Because of this, I invented i4ulenses, credit card size reading glasses you keep in your wallet like a credit card. These are pinch nose lenses you perch on your nose and not plastic magnifiers you hold in your hands. Check our web site www.i4ulenses.com for more details.
Pat Herman