Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wacky Wednesday! No Fear Here.

Lately I've been posting about some of my encounters with unrateds and players with very old provisional ratings. These are the Forrest Gump chocolate games. You never know what you're going to get. Today's WW post features a game where there was no doubt in my mind that my opponent did not have a clue. He was an adult who had just taken up the game within the past year. He really wasn't ready to play in tournaments but the TD encouraged him to give it a try. There would be no surprises for me this game.

I have shown this game to numerous classes as an example of how not to play the opening. It also has a good example of removing the defender. I could have also demonstrated en passent if he had not resigned right before mate. It's also possible that he didn't see 19...d5 and thought it was mate already. In the first nine moves he makes six pawn moves and three moves with the f8 bishop. The third bishop move on move 9 leads to it being traded.

No comments: